The history of Ter Marsch & Co dates back to the 1890’s. Tracks and traces are still visible up until today. Let us share the story of the Ter Marsch family and how we are still working every day to keep the spirit of this family alive.
The name of the bar-restaurant was inspired by the original ‘Fabriek der Verduurzaamde Vleeschwaren’, translated as Factory for Preserved Meats. This was an old fashioned term for a high quality butcher shop. This Factory for Preserved Meats was located on Witte de Withstreet 70, the exact location where the bar-restaurant is located now. You can find a number of physical features in Ter Marsch & Co displaying the history of the butcher shop of the family Ter Marsch of 125 years ago.
In modern days we still strive towards the same goal as the family Ter Marsch in the 1890’s. We are located in the original building, which is now part of the city area that is known for its great atmosphere and liveliness with all sorts of bars, restaurants and art galleries. We are open 7 days a week for lunch, dinner and after dinner drinks. A personal touch, a bit of cheeky humor, unconstrained gratification of award-winning burgers, a fine craft beer, a beautiful glass of white Bordeaux or one of our perfectly served Gin & Tonic’s.